Here is one of our new designs that you can purchase in the etsy shop. It’s a classy, co-ed invite for a down to earth party. The colors and fonts are changeable and proofs are included in the price. They only take a week to arrive after you approve the proof.
We’ve been up to some big changes over here and it’s time we let you in on the secret. Unfortunately, Avie Designs is no longer my main gig. There are lots of reasons for this change but the biggest one is that I was just so burnt out and needed a life change. So I did.
What does this mean for you? That I am no longer fulfilling laser cut invitation orders. But I am up to a few new things that you should stick around for.
1. I have had the opportunity to travel a lot in the past few years and so I have put together a travel blog called The Coddie Wompler, which is why there is a gorgeous photo of a monastery on top of a rock formation.
Please check it out as it really is my new labor of love. Now, Avie Designs isn’t going away completely because I can’t just drop it all together. What you till find in my etsy shop is a line of printed invitations at reasonable prices for lots of occasions.
Don’t worry, I will be sure to keep you all updated with any and all changes to come!
I have such BIG NEWS to share with you today! This is how I like to start off a new year, with brand spanking new products. I recently designed fabric for Minted and it is finally available for purchase. (YAY!) You can even choose the fabric style, the design and the color way.
Not only that, Minted has created a few home goods out of my fabric for you. I can’t tell you how exciting is it to see something you have designed come to life as an actual product. I have always loved fabric and sewing and dreamed that one day I would be able to design my own and today is that day.
I have 2 designs available: 50’s Diamonds & Bright Hexagon. And each of those designs is available in 5 different color ways. I love how Minted has given the buyer (that’s you) so many options to really customize each product to your liking. I mean how many times have you said “I love these but I wish they were in a different color”? Minted has really got you covered.
And if you don’t already know, everything Minted does is at the absolute highest quality. So I can guarantee that these are not only the best designed home goods, they will absolutely be made out of the best, most luxurious materials. But wait, there’s more! These are super reasonably priced. The napkins are $12/each! And the lampshades range from $45-$95!
Happy New Year!
You can now buy my Watercolor Dots Wall Art on Minted!
Minted is doing such great things will wall art these days. They have so many options available. Not only are there designs for every taste and every home/apartment/dorm room out there. But they also have size options that make the wall art affordable for absolutely everyone. I mean everyone (hello $22!)
And if you want to spend a little more dough, you can have it framed before they send it to you. It doesn’t get any easier or better than that. Except that they have multiple frame options available and they are all beautiful. It really is a one stop shop for awesome wall art.
P.S: Minted is also doing great things in fabric design and I will have a few of my fabric designs available soon. So stay tuned!
We are participating in our 3rd ICE Holiday Shopping Spectacular. We will have all kinds of laser cut goodies for sale just in time for you to kickstart your holiday shopping. If you follow us on Instagram, you know that we have a pretty sweet item for the swag bags so arrive early to get one! Here is all the pertinent info:
1. It is in no way free money: A Kickstarter campaign is a lot more work than you think it will be. From formulating your plan & running the campaign to shipping out the rewards, most people will tell you that a Kickstarter campaign is a full time job.
2. You need a strong plan before you start: You really need to think about each and every aspect of the campaign. Press, product, pricing, fulfillment and shipping. If you don’t have each area planned out, you will not be successful.
3. Do no neglect press: Depending on how much money you are asking for, you will need press to help you get the word out. Your friends and family can/will only do so much, the rest is up to you. I have heard of people with the goal of getting one piece of press each day throughout their campaign. Do not rely only on Facebook.
4. Price out everything to the last dollar: This is a painstakingly tedious task but you must make sure that you are aware of how much the campaign will cost you before you go live. Don’t get caught not making enough money.
5. Secure your first 30% and your team before you even start: It is really important to get to the 30% mark in your funding. So before you even begin your campaign, reach out to your friends and family and let them know this. Also, make it easy for them to reach out to their contacts by going ahead and writing up an email for them to forward on.
6. Have a back up plan: You may not get 100% funded. But you may get 80% which is pretty close. At that point, you can fund the rest of the campaign to “unlock” that 80%. The only stipulation is that you personally cannot provide that money. But you surely can get someone you know to do it and them pay them back.
7. Communicate, communicate, communicate: Be in constant contact with your backers during and after the campaign so that they feel appreciated and up to date on the progress of the project.
8. Make the best video you can: I can’t imagine supporting a campaign without a video. It just adds that personal touch that is what Kickstarter is all about. Hire someone to do it or don’t. Just work your butt off to make it as great as it can be.
9. Do not stop once your campaign is live: Continue to plug away once the campaign goes live. Answer questions and send updates, keep working on getting press.
10. Don’t let the emotional roller coaster get to you: It is up and down. Some days you may get 10% of your funding and some days 0% but you have to just ride the wave and try to stay calm. It’s hard but you can do it.
For the second time, my family rented a beach house in Puerto Rico for a week this summer. Last time we went not too far from San Juan, Luquillo Beach. While Luquillo is supposed to be the most beautiful beach on the island, we were ready to try another one this year.
We ended up driving 2 and half hours west of San Juan to the surfing town of Rincon. It’s a tiny town where you really get the feeling that everyone knows each other.
I don’t have too much to say about our trip other than this: If you have not yet been to Puerto Rico, please go. It is such a wonderful little island with so many different areas to explore. You get the feeling of being in another country without the trouble. We had delicious food, beautiful weather and glorious snorkeling right in front of the house we rented.
And while it may not be as cheap as loading your family into the car and driving to the nearest beach, the house rentals are comparable to those on the mainland. So do yourself and your family a favor and just go.
This is the one quote that really encapsulates how this whole experience has been so far. It’s been kind of a wild ride, this Kickstarter thing. Full of ups and downs, hopefully to end on a big ‘ole up. You only have until tomorrow afternoon at 1pm to get in on our exclusive laser cut goodies, that’s not much more than 24 hours. While we still have quite the uphill battle to reach our goal, I know that together we can do it.
I’ll be back after it’s all said and done with a recap.
Please share this project with your friends and family as well. The more people that see it, the better chance of it getting fully funded. So get out there and donate!
This Kickstarter prize is a way to get all of your wedding goodies in one stop. You get to pick out 3 of the items above. You get 100 of each. You get to choose from 20 designs available. You get to change the colors to match your event. You get to see proofs. Whew. I’m tired from naming all the things you get with this prize.
Okay, now there are no excuses for not donating to our Kickstarter campaign. We have actual prizes for each and every level.
Donate just $1 and get digital wallpaper for your device. You can choose from one of the three quotes that I have designed myself.
And if you’re feeling generous, you can donate $5 and get both the digital wallpaper and a file to print your own thank you notes. For $5, you can print as many thank you notes as you want. Print 5,000 for all I care. That comes to $.001/card. What a steal.
Okay, no excuses. Go here to donate now.