I have been working on a super secret project that involves writing about the importance of wedding invitations. With all of the components of a wedding, it can be hard to tell which ones are important. Wedding Invitations really are important and this is why.
Wedding invitations are the very first part of your wedding that your guests will experience. Think about them as the first impression. And you know what they say about first impressions, you don’t get a second chance. Wedding Invitations really set the tone for the entire event. It is your chance to give your guests a blueprint to your event in subtle and not so subtle ways. The design can hint that your event will be modern and sleek. The text included will give your guests the actual information needed for the event: attire, location, are kids allowed, food served, is it inside or outside, map to the ceremony, etc. It is very important that the invitation is clear & informative. And not only that, you want to make the event sound and feel like it’s going to be fun. Nobody wants their guests to open the invitation and they say “I guess we have to go to this wedding.” You want them to open your invitation and say “this is going to be fun”.
Wedding invitations make mail fun. What fun mail do you get? We don’t have that many occasions to send mail anymore. And we even find ways around sending the mail that we should. Like a birthday wish on Facebook, sending e-vites or a Mother’s Day text. The wedding invitation is really the last piece of special mail that we send and I intend to make it stunning each and every time.
I love to imagine what it would be like to receive one of my laser cut invitations in the mail. And the feeling that you get when someone sends you something that special. A wedding a one of those life moments that truly deserves a unique and stunning beginning. And a wedding invitation that accurately fits the wedding is a great way to start.
WHY SHOULD I WORK WITH A STATIONER? There are so many ways to create wedding invitations these days and you don’t have to work with a stationer like myself. But you really should.
- Reason #1: I have worked on many more weddings than you have. This means that I can generally work around any question or unique circumstance you can throw my way.
- Reason #2: I know the etiquette. You don’t have to use it, but it is always helpful to know it and have it as a reference point.
- Reason #3: My experience will keep you from missing anything. As many people as you have giving you a second opinion, none of them have my expertise. I can’t tell you how many people forget to send the time or date of the wedding over to me. If I would just plug in the info without carefully reviewing it, my customers may have to re-print.
- Reason #4: I have resources you don’t. I can save you a lot of time and energy by knowing where to get things done even if they are not by me.
- Reason #5: Weddings are overwhelming and I can lighten that load a little bit. It can be so freeing to hire people to do the jobs they are experts at. That way you don’t have to be an expert in anything and you can enjoy the process of getting married.