“Editors selected the towns based on the following criteria:
• Food as a cultural identity: The unique food or ethnicity that defines a particular Southern region
• Growth of a culinary-minded community: The influence that the culinary industry has on the local community and tourism
• Diverse cuisine at a variety of price points: Accessibility to hearty, flavorful meals at any budget
• Local, sustainable food practices: The focus on sourcing products from local purveyors to geographically define where each meal comes from
• Hot chefs on the rise: The influence of the area’s culinary talent in the media and pop culture
• Abundance of buzz-worthy food events: The number of festivals in the area that celebrate all things food and drink”
Dessert: I know I’m supposed to take you to a new place for dessert but No. 246 has the most amazing tiny doughnuts with chocolate dipping sauce that I have ever eaten. I may have even told people that they are “life changing”. I stand by my statement.