I tried to make something like these the other night by making it up as I went along. I really should have just followed this recipe by Robin Miller from the Food Network.
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups wild mushroom mix, chopped
4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Saute the shallots in oil until soft and add the garlic. Saute for another 30 seconds before adding the mushrooms.
2. Saute the mushrooms until soft and the liquid has been released. Let cool.
3. Unroll puff pastry on a flat surface. Roll pastry into a 14-inch square. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut pastry into 12 squares.
4. Top each square with mushrooms (about 1 heaping teaspoon each) and 1 teaspoon grated cheese. Wet 2 edges of each square with wet fingers and then fold over making a triangle. Press the edges together with a fork.
5. Place turnovers on a large baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.
**photo from Food Network**