for an outstanding wedding fiesta:
1. Have an amazing group of family & friends
2. Get them involved with planning & executing the party
3. Decide the few things you want control over & let everyone else bring their creative touch
4. Make it personal through the theme & making decorations. (tissue paper is cheap)
5. Allow yourself time to spend with family & friends prior and after the party (my fav part)
6. Throw in a college graduation complete with Dolly Parton (she’s amazing!)
7. Be lucky enough to have a beautiful home to have the party
8. Have your favorite band play (mine happens to be my husband & his brothers) and have a special song performed for you
9. Wear a super comfortable dress and shoes.
10. Have a photo booth of some kind, it creates craziness.
11. Polaroids, they’re worth the $$.
12. Have your girlfriends perform “All the Single Ladies” as a surprise
13. Be lucky enough to have a mom that will work for 2 days straight on a surprise cake in the shape of a sombrero, fall into the cake just as she finishes it, and make another one that night to replace the first one.
14. Have your sister/best friend give toasts that make you cry, but only after doing your waterproof makeup
we had a blast, now, onto thank you notes.