First of all, here is a little eye candy from a project that I am currently working on bringing to my shop. I realized that it had been a little while since I had posted anything new. So here’s your sneek peak.
I titled this post resolutions, but it’s not really about them at all. It’s about the opposite. We are at the beginning of a new year and for whatever reason, we have a tradition of making a few declarations of things we would like to improve on. I guess I could have looked up the history, but I didn’t. I also have a birthday this week, so I kind of have 2 new years back to back. This can cause a lot of reflection on my part.
When I started to think about my resolutions for the new calendar year and me turning another year older, I came up with a lot of things I want to work on. I decided to slim down my list in order to share it with you and I came to the conclusion that there is one major resolution I have for this year: Be proud of the things I have accomplished and the person that I am today.
I am all for resolutions. I think that bettering yourself is something we should all strive for, but I think it is far more important to give ourselves a pat on the back every once and a while for the things we already do well. I make resolutions every night when I go to bed. . . eat better . . . exercise . . . work harder. So, it is far more important to take one measly day out of the year to be proud of myself. Here is my list of things I am already happy about:
- I take care of myself: I eat right, I work out, I usually get enough sleep. I generally love and care for my body.
- I love to learn new things. Since I have been in the post school part of my life, I have discovered that I still love to learn about so many different things. I enjoy reading books that make me think about myself and the world around me.
- I do what I love for a living. I have created a business around something that I enjoy and am good at. And as much as it feels like I am running through water most of the time, I have accomplished so many things that I never thought I would. I work hard and have fun at the same time.
- I have a few very dear relationships in my life. I am close to my family. I feel I have done what I need to do to nurture the relationships that are important to me.
- I do what I can to preserve the environment. I use the fluorescent light bulbs. I bring my own bags to the grocery store. I recycle. I don’t eat meat products.
- I am a nice person. I am considerate of others. I have a very even temper and am happy most of the time. I smile and laugh a lot.
- I think for myself. I really try to not let outside factors make decisions for me. I try to get information and opinions from all sides and make up my own unique thoughts.
- I am still interested in bettering myself. I think that if we don’t continue to better ourselves, then we get stuck. I don’t ever want to feel stuck.
So there you go. That’s my little list. I hope this causes some of you to make your own self affirming list at this time of resolutions.